How to Mark Multiple Payment Sources on Invoices
Stax Pay offers an amazing feature allowing you to accept multiple payment types for a single invoice to maximize your record keeping cleanliness.
- Log on to Stax Pay
- Click on Create Invoice in the top right corner of the Dashboard or Invoice pages.
- Create an invoice as you would normally, but be sure to select the box for Allow Customer To Partially Pay.
- if you retroactively want to add this to an existing invoice, please see Editing an Invoice and skip to Step once you have followed the directions in the article.
- Click Continue.
- Select the existing customer you want to apply the invoice or click + NEW to create a new one.
- If you skip this stage (by clicking + Skip), you must add a customer before accepting a payment.
- Click Create as Invoice to create and save this invoice.
- When you can accept payment for this invoice, click Invoices on the left-hand menu.
- Choose the invoice you wish to pay.
- Click Take Payment on the bottom right of the page.
- In the window, you can enter the total to be collected, the payment type, and any notes you would like to associate with this payment.
- Note example: Down payment collected by collected via credit card - remainder to come in final payment to come via ACH.
- Click Mark Paid With ________.
- Upon completion, the page will display the payment status marked as Partial and the balance reduced by the payment amount.