If a sale was finalized on a Dejavoo terminal, then it is considered a card present sale. If a sale was ran as card present, the Dejavoo terminal will be prompted to accept the refund as card present. There are a few options available when it comes to initiating a refund with the integrated system. Please see the steps below for the appropriate refund process for your case scenario.
Card Present Refund:
- To get started, select any key on the Dejavoo to wake up the terminal for use
- Select the transaction that you would like to refund from the payments list in Stax Pay
- Select the refund/void button
- A box will pop up to enter in the desired refund amount (you can refund a partial or full amount)
- Select the terminal that you would like to use from the dropdown
- Select the Refund/Void button once verified. A box will pop up saying, "Please complete the refund on the Dejavoo terminal." Do not select OK; continue to the next step
- The Dejavoo will display "Tap, Insert, Swipe, or enter card #."
- Insert the card
- The Dejavoo will process the transaction and ask if you would like to "Go Green". This simply means you can send the receipt as a text message - Select F1 for yes or F3 for No
- If you selected yes, type in the phone number to receive the text receipt
- If you selected no, you are all set!
- Stax Pay will now display Refund on the transaction
Card Not Present- Refund/Credit:
Please note: If you completed the sale on the integrated Dejavoo, you will have to refund this card by issuing a credit in Stax Pay. This is because the API does not tokenize/save the card number in the platform when the card is inserted into the Dejavoo. The card number is only tokenized/saved when keyed into Stax Pay. Take a payment/Mobile payments will not allow credits for transactions run on the Dejavoo.
Warning: Credits cannot be voided.
- To get started, Select the Create Invoice button in Stax Pay
- Enter in Payment Details and the negative amount in the Price field, then select Continue at the bottom of the page
- Create, select, or skip the customer step
- Select Enter Payment Method and manually key in the card information
- Review and select the Credit button at the bottom of the page to initiate the credit
- All set! - The transaction will now display Credit
Voiding Transaction-Integrated Dejavoo.
- Select any key on the Dejavoo to wake up the terminal for use
- Select the transaction from the Payments list in Stax Pay that you would like to void
- Select the Refund/Void button
- A box will pop up to confirm the void amount **NOTE: Only full refunds are available before 12 AM EST - anything before 12 AM EST will void the full amount
- Select the Refund/Void button on the bottom right of the page
- Please complete the void on the Dejavoo by signing and then selecting the green key
- The Dejavoo will process the void and ask if you would like to "Go Green" (this means if you would like to send the receipt as a text message) Select F1 for yes or F3 for No
- The transaction will now display as Void in Stax Pay
If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, you can email our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.