We understand that sometimes duplicate customers are created within the Stax Pay portal.
With this in mind, we created the ability to merge duplicated customer profiles into one.
If you need to merge 2 or more customer profiles together, you will:
- Navigate to your Customers list from the main toolbar
- Select your Master Customer from your customers list
- Select Merge
- Select the duplicated customer
- We will automatically suggest customers for you based on the customer name - simply click the x to remove from your list
- Once you are ready, select Merge
Your duplicate customers will now merge into your master customer.
The information that is merged from the duplicate customer(s) into the master customer is as follows:
- Scheduled invoices & payments
- Payments history
- Payment Methods
You will also notice that your master customer will now have updated customer notes with information on which customers were merged into the master.
Example: merged_customers (2019-08-19 17:43:51): [customerId1, customerId2]
If you merge multiple customers, but later realize that they shouldn't be merged together, that's okay. You have the ability to revert your customer profiles back to how they were before they were merged together.
To reverse a merge of customers:
- Navigate to your customers list
- Select the customer that was merged
- Select Merge
- Review the merge history
- Select Unmerge
If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, you can email our Support Team at email@example.com.