How to conduct a firmware update on your ChipperBT Reader within the Stax Mobile app for iOS.
Periodically, your Stax Pay Mobile Reader will require a mandatory firmware update. You will not be able to process transactions until the firmware is updated.
You can update your mobile reader directly in the Stax Mobile App. You will be notified of any available firmware updates ahead of time.
The update can take up to 15 minutes, so complete the firmware update well before processing transactions in the field.
Log into the Stax Mobile App and Connect to your Mobile Reader as Normal
- Navigate to More Info .
- Select Readers.
- Select Connect Reader.
- The app will search for available readers.
- If you have multiple readers select the Reader you wish to use.
- The app will connect and check for available firmware updates.
- If no update is available, you will be connected to your reader.
- iI a firmware update is available, the app will automatically proceed to update.
You will be prompted on the update status and be notified once the firmware update is complete.