How to Perform Refunds and Voids all within Stax Pay.
The difference between Voiding and Refunding transactions.
The option to cancel a transaction will be available on your account as soon as the original transaction is processed. Upon looking to cancel a transaction, you will see that there is an option to Refund or Void.
- If the transaction has not settled with the processor, you will be Voiding the transaction.
- If it has already settled, you will be Refunding the customer.
To initiate a Void or Refund within Stax Pay:
- Click the Payments tab on the left
- Use the Search field to find the transaction
- The quickest way is to Select the Quick Action (ellipses) tool displayed to the right of the transaction total and choose Refund or Void pending when transaction was made.
To view more details regarding the transaction, Select the Transaction and the Payment Details drawer will appear on the right and follow the below steps.
- Select Refund or Void (Note: Void will only appear until the transaction is processed)
- Enter amount to Refund (if you are Voiding, you will only be able to Void the full amount)
- Select Refund
- The Refund or Void will automatically process.
- Once successful, the transaction will show as Void or Refunded depending on the action that is performed within your Payments list..
The time in which your transactions settle is dependent on your gateway and if you have any questions on the time in which this takes place, please reach out to your Account Manager or the Customer Support team for assistance.
You will not be charged interchange on voided transactions, only the per transaction amount (authorization fee). When refunding a transaction, interchange will still be charged on the original sale. The authorization fee will be charged for both the sale and the refund.
*Please Note: Refunds typically takes 3-5 business days to post back to the cardholder’s bank statement. A Voided transaction may show as pending on the cardholders bank statement for 3-5 business days. The amount of time in which the pending transaction remains on the cardholders statement is determined by the cardholders bank. If the customer would like for the pending authorization to be removed from their statement, the cardholder will need to contact their bank.