Custom sales tax rates can be set up to be automatically charged on your taxable items - only items that have been marked as taxable will be charged the tax rate automatically.
Get started with setting up sales tax:
- Select Settings from the sidebar
- Select Sales Tax
- Create new tax rates with up to three decimal points, and select Add Rate - you'll also have the option here to name the tax rate
- Use the checkbox to enable tax rates for all taxable items
Create a transaction with a custom tax rate:
- From the Dashboard select Create Invoice
- Choose an existing catalog item from the dropdown
- If the item is marked as taxable, the tax will automatically be calculated
You also have the option to manually add or override the existing sales tax as you are creating a new transaction, without creating a taxable catalog item.
To manually add sales tax on a custom, non-catalog item:
- Select Create Invoice
- Enter the item details
- Input the tax amount into the Sales Tax field
If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, you can contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.